036 – Moroccan Salad of Sweet Potatoes and Raisins – Thanksgiving Recipe
I LOVE THIS RECIPE 1
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes (or pumpkin)
- 5 Oz of raisins (soaked in water)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- A pinch of saffron
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Peel the potatoes and dice them in small cubes.
- On medium heat, drizzle the oil in your saucepan.
- Add the potatoes and all the spices. Mix well.
- Cover the potatoes with water. Cover the pan and let the potatoes cook for the next 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, drain the raisins from their water and add them to the potatoes. Add the honey.
- Add a little more water to the potatoes and raisins. Taste the sauce and adjust the salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste.
- Cover the pan and let the potatoes and raisins cook for the next 10 minutes.
- Note: This salad can be served either hot or cold with bread.