030 – Almond Truffles
I LOVE THIS RECIPE 0
- 1 1/3 cup of blanched slivered almonds (or 1 cup of blanched whole almonds)
- 1 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water Note: you can replace the orange blossom water with 2 Tbsp of water + 1/2 tsp of extract (vanilla, orange, etc.)
- 250 grams (9 oz) of good chocolate of your choice
- Coating of your choice: Cocoa powder, unsweetened coconut flakes, powdered sugar, crushed nuts
- For making the almond paste:
1- Bake the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes at 300 degrees.
2- Sift the powdered sugar.
3- Mix the almonds, powdered sugar, and the orange blossom water until you get a smooth paste.
4- Make small balls with the almond paste.
- For rolling the truffles:
5- Melt the chocolate in a ‘bain marie’ where you put the chocolate container on top of boiling water.
6- Let the chocolate cool for few minutes before using it.
7- Dip your hands in the chocolate, roll the ball of almond paste in your hand until it is covered with chocolate
then put it in a bowl containing the coating of your choice.
8- Let the ball sit for few seconds before rolling it in the coating.
9- Let the truffles cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Note: If you roll the truffles in cocoa powder or powdered sugar, make sure to sift them before serving to avoid
inhaling a chunk of powder while enjoying them.