446 – Grilled Sardine Kefta / كفتة السردين مشوية
Now that we have prepared Sardine Kefta in the previous video, let’s spice it up and grill it!!!
- 1 kilo sardine kefta http://cookingwithalia.com/445-how-to-clean-sardines/
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli pepper powder (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley and cilantro, mixed
- Butter (optional)
1- In a large bowl combine the sardine kefta (ground sardines), crushed garlic, ground paprika, ground cumin, chili pepper powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and vegetable oil. Mix all the ingredients together.
2- Now add the chopped onion and continue mixing.
3- Add the finely chopped parsley and cilantro and mix with your hands to make sure that all ingredients are well incorporated.
4- Heat your grill (or frying pan) and brush with a little bit of vegetable oil.
5- Wet your hands with water so that the sardine kefta does not stick to them and shape it into hamburgers or logs. Shape the sardine kefta into hamburgers or log shapes, and place in the grill.
6- Grill both sides for a few minutes until the kefta has a nice brown color. Don’t overcook or it will become dry!
7- Serve immediately when still hot. You can add a little bit of butter on top for extra flavors!